A 30 year-old Regina male is facing numerous charges after an incident early this morning in Regina, in which police stopped a stolen vehicle and seized firearms and drugs in the arrest of the driver.
On January 24, 2019, at about 2:20 a.m., a canine unit member on patrol observed a suspicious vehicle: a 2018 Ford Edge, which matched the description of a vehicle reported stolen out of Arcola, Saskatchewan. Other units were dispatched to the area of 6th Avenue and Albert Street and kept the vehicle in view until it was disabled by a spike belt. The vehicle came to a stop in the area of 1st Avenue and Lewvan Drive and the driver fled on foot. The canine team tracked the suspect and he was taken into custody a short time later. The search of the vehicle yielded a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, ammunition and a duffel bag found to contain items associated with drug trafficking. Further investigation, including a search of the jacket alleged to belong to the suspect, found cocaine, and substances believed to methamphetamine and heroin, as well as some cash. The suspect was subsequently charged.
Thirty year-old Logan Edward Thomas ROSS, of Regina, is charged with
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000. [355(a) CC];
- Evading Police [320.17 CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Possession of methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of heroin [4(1) CDSA];
- Breach of Undertaking [145(3) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Vehicle [94(1) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Without a License [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Concealed Weapon [90(1) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC]; and
- Breach of the Firearms Act [86(2) CC].
ROSS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 24, 2019.