Two people are facing charges after an incident involving a stolen vehicle in the early morning hours of January 9, 2019.
On January 9, 2019 at approximately 2:45 a.m., police received a report of a vehicle that had been stolen while left running, unoccupied. At approximately 3:30 a.m., police located the vehicle in the area of 7th Avenue and McIntosh Street. Police observed the vehicle stop long enough to allow a female suspect to exit the vehicle. The female was apprehended, arrested and charged.
The suspect vehicle continued driving and hit a parked vehicle on the 800 block of Cameron Street. When police located the vehicle again, it was found abandoned, in the 700 block of Cameron Street. The Canine Unit conducted a track and located a male suspect on the 700 block of Robinson Street. The suspect was arrested and charged. Through the investigation, police found drugs and property alleged to be stolen.
Twenty-six year-old Scott Edward Andrew PELLETIER of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC];
- Theft of motor vehicle [333.1(1) CC]; and
- Failure to stop after accident [320.16(1) CC].
Twenty-six year-old Destiny Alexandria Ann ALLARY of Regina is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC]; and
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(B) CC].
PELLETIER and ALLARY appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on January 9, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Police would like to take this opportunity to urge motorists to always lock their vehicle doors and to never leave their vehicle running while unattended.