Two male suspects are facing charges after a traffic stop on Sunday morning.
On January 27, 2019 at approximately 8:15 a.m., police located a suspicious vehicle on the 100 block of Dorothy Street and conducted a traffic stop. The thirty-six year-old driver was arrested for outstanding warrants and the forty-eight year-old passenger was arrested for breach of probation. Through the investigation, police located drugs, break and enter tools, and weapons. The passenger was also identified as a suspect in a file from the night before (January 26th), in which a male suspect evaded police in a Ford Explorer. The passenger was charged in connection with this offence as well.
Thirty-six year-old Ryan Scott Star DIETER of Fort Qu’Appelle is charged with:
- Fail to comply with recognizance [145(3) CC];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon [91(2) CC];
- Possession of break in instruments [351(1) CC]; and
- 2 x Possession of a scheduled substance [4(1) CSDA].
Forty-eight year-old Dejan VUCKOVIC of Regina is charged with:
- Flight from peace officer [320.17 CC];
- Fail to comply with probation officer [733.1(1) CC]; and
- 2 X Fail to comply with recognizance [145(3) CC].
DIETER and VUCKOVIC appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on January 28, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.