On Thursday, February 12, 2019, at approximately 11:45 pm, police conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle, occupied by three males and believed to be stolen, in the 1900 block of Ottawa Street. The males were identified and one of the males was known to be the subject of warrants for arrest. Police observed a firearm in the vehicle. The three occupants of the vehicle were arrested without incident.
A subsequent search revealed the firearm, found to be loaded, as well as a knife, and additional ammunition.
Twenty year-old Jesse PRESNELL, twenty-two year-old Tyson Dylan RAY, and eighteen year-old Reuban Jacob NAHBEXIE, all of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition [CC 95(1)(A)];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition in motor vehicle [CC 94(1)];
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with [CC 108(1)(B)];
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized [CC 92(1)];
- Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime [CC 96(1)];
- Careless use of a firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition [CC 86(1)]; and
- Possession of a weapon [CC 88].
PRESNELL is also charged with:
- Carrying a concealed weapon [CC 90].
RAY is also charged with:
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)]; and
- 2 X Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [117.01(1)].
NAHBEXIE is also charged with:
- Theft from mail [CC 356(1)(A)(I)]; and
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [117.01(1)].
The accused made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court today, February 22, 2019, at 2:00 pm.