The Regina Police Service Street Gang Unit, with the assistance of SWAT and Patrol, executed a warrant at a residence on the 1600 block of Ottawa Street on March 5, 2019. This was part of an ongoing investigation into illegal drug and weapons activity. As result of this enforcement action, firearms, ammunition, and quantities of substances believed to be cocaine and methamphetamine were located. As a result, a 26 year-old female, a 40 year-old male, and a 31 year-old male were arrested and charged.
Twenty-six year-old Daneen Lynn WHITEQUILL, 40 year-old William John CRAWFORD, and, 31 year-old Stuart Michael George SABISTON, all of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Careless use of a firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possession of a weapon [ CC 88];
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [CC 91(1)]; and
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession unauthorized [CC 92(1)].
CRAWFORD and SABISTON are jointly charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle [CC 94(1)].
WHITEQUILL is also charged with:
- Possession of a loaded firearm [CC 95(1)];
- Fail to comply [CC 145(3)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine) [CDSA 5(2)].
CRAWFORD is also charged with failure to comply with prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)].
SABISTON is also charged with five charges of failure to comply with prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)].
The charged made their first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges today, Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at 2:30 p.m.
This Investigation is still ongoing. Anyone who has information that could assist police in this investigation is asked to contact the Regina Police Service at 777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).