On March 6, 2019 at approximately 11:30 p.m., police were dispatched to a residence on the 200 block of College Avenue East for a report of a disturbance. Reports indicate two males were fighting, and one male assaulted the other male. When police arrived at the residence, they located the two males, and one male appeared to have sustained minor injuries. Upon further investigation, police located firearms, and two bladed weapons. The two males were arrested and charged.
Twenty-seven year-old Richard Aaron STONECHILD, of Okanese First Nation, is charged with:
- Assault with a weapon [267(A) CC];
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a firearm knowing its serial number has been tampered with [108(1)(B) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [95(1)(B) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- 2 x Possession of a weapon contrary to prohibition order [117.01(1) CC];
- Careless storage of firearm [86(2) CC]; and
- Fail to comply with probation order [733.1(1) CC].
STONECHILD appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on March 7, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
Twenty-seven year-old Ryan Bradley STONECHILD, of Regina, is charged with:
- Fail to comply with conditions of undertaking [145(5.1) CC].
STONECHILD will appear in Provincial Court for this charge on April 18, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.