Two Regina males are charged as a result of investigation into stolen goods in the city of Regina.
The Regina Police
Service Online Stolen Property Unit recently conducted an investigation into
the sales of stolen goods on social media, where tools listed for sale by a 60
year-old Regina male were similar to tools reported as stolen from various
Regina retailers. Further investigation led to evidence that a 36 year-old
male, alleged to have stolen the tools, was selling these stolen tools to the
60 year-old male.
On February 28, 2019, at approximately 7:45 p.m., a search warrant was executed on the residence of the sixty year-old Regina male, where many of the stolen tools were recovered, as well as other new tools also believed to be stolen. The 60 year-old male was arrested and charged.
On March 4, 2019, the 36 year-old Regina male was also arrested and charged.
Thirty-six year-old Shawn Ronald DIETER, of Regina, is charged with:
- Trafficking in property obtained by crime over $5000 [CC 355.2];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [CC 355(B)];
- 4 X Fail to comply with undertaking [CC 145(5.1)];
- 5 X Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1];
- Shoplifting under $5,000 [CC 334(B)];
Sixty year-old Rickey VINEY, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [CC 355(B)].
VINEY was released on an officer’s undertaking to make his first appearance in Provincial Court on this charge on April 10, 2019, at 9:30 a.m.
DIETER made his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on, March 5, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.