A 25 year-old male, from McLean Saskatchewan, is facing nineteen charges in connection with a series of recent thefts, including stolen vehicles, identification documents, and other property.
It’s alleged the following incidents involve the same suspect:
- Sometime between the evening of April 26th and the morning of April 27th, a garage in the 3500 block of Garner Avenue was broken into. A bike and other items were stolen.
- The morning of April 27th a citizen caught a male going through his truck; he followed the male to the area of Hill Avenue and Montague Street and called the police but the suspect fled.
- Also on April 27th, in the 400 block of King Street, a citizen called to report a male stealing a bike from his vehicle.
- On April 27th, just after 2:00 p.m., a male victim reported his Chevrolet Impala stolen from a restaurant in the 2400 block of 9th Avenue. The victim had gone to the washroom and alleged his keys and phone were taken from his jacket, which was left at the table.
- On April 27th, between 2:15 and 2:30 p.m., a black Honda Pilot, with keys and purse inside, was stolen from the 300 block of Pasqua Street. A Chevrolet Impala was abandoned two blocks away.
- On April 27th, between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m., a power tool valued at $1300. was taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 1300 block of Broadway Avenue.
During the late afternoon and evening of April 27, 2019, the stolen Honda Pilot was spotted by police on three occasions. The vehicle was travelling fast and erratically. At about 10:45 p.m., as the stolen vehicle was in the area of Assiniboine Avenue and Windfield Road, officers deployed a spike belt successfully. The driver abandoned the vehicle and tried to evade police by going through residents’ yards and property. At one point, the suspect found a bicycle and tried to escape on it; when confronted by officers, he fled again. He was eventually located, in a yard, by a canine team and taken into custody.
Twenty-five year-old Travis OReilly MILLIGAN, of McLean SK, is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000 [355(a) CC];
- 2 X Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- Prohibited Driver [320.18(1)(a) CC];
- 2 X Theft under $5,000 [334(b) CC];
- Fraud under $5,000 [380(1)(b)(i) CC];
- 5 X Possession of Property Obtained b Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC];
- 5 X Possession of Identity Documents [56.1(1) CC]; and
- 2 X Theft of Motor Vehicle [333.1(1) CC];
MILLIGAN made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, April 29, 2019.