A 44 year-old Regina man is facing several charges relating to bicycle thefts.
On April 29, 2019, police received a report of a bike theft that occurred on April 28, 2019 from the 2200 block of Elphinstone Street. On May 7, 2019 and May 8, 2019, police also received reports of bikes stolen from two different addresses on the 300 block of Leopold Street.
Through the investigation, police linked these incidents to a single suspect. On May 10, 2019 at approximately 2:00 p.m., the male suspect was located in the alley of the 2300 block of Retallack Street and was subsequently arrested. A search revealed stolen property that was related to these incidents as well as a substance believed to be heroin.
Forty-four year old Martin Dale CARDINAL of Regina is charged with:
- Theft under $5000 [334(B) CC];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [355(B) CC];
- 2 x Break and enter and commit [348(1)(B) CC];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (heroin) [4(1) CDSA];
- Trafficking in property obtained by crime over $5000 [355.2 CC]; and
- Fail to comply with undertaking [145(3) CC].
CARDINAL will appear in Provincial Court for these charges on June 4, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.