The Regina Police Service Drug Unit (RDU) completed an investigation into illegal drug trafficking in Regina, SK. As a result of the investigation, enforcement action was completed on July 27, 2019.
A CDSA search warrant was executed in the South Central area of Regina. The results of the search yielded a variety of controlled substances, including substances believed to be crack cocaine, fentanyl, methamphetamine, and cocaine, as well as a loaded firearm, ammunition, a large amount of currency and cash cards, and a stolen vehicle.
As a result of the enforcement action, 28 year-old Lucas BRADWELL of Vancouver, British Columbia, 39 year-old Ryan WRIGHT of Calgary, Alberta, and 21 year-old Paige JENNINGS of Calgary, Alberta, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (Methamphetamine) [5(2)CDSA];
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (Fentanyl) [5(2)CDSA];
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (Cocaine) [5(2)CDSA];
- Possession of proceeds of crime (Canadian Currency) under $5000 [355(b)CC];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(a)CC]; and
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited weapon [91(2)CC].
BRADWELL also received a charge for Breach of Probation [733.1(1)CC].
39 year-old Crystal MEED of Regina, was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance (Methamphetamine) [4(1)CDSA]; and
- Possession of a controlled substance (Fentanyl) [4(1)CDSA].
BRADWELL, WRIGHT, and JENNINGS made their first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Monday, July 29, 2019. MEED is scheduled to make her first appearance on her charges on September 4, 2019.