Orange and black will make waves in the sea of green this Saturday as the BC Lions take on the Riders at Mosaic Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 20, 2019. As with any event that draws large crowds, be aware of increased traffic, as well as numerous pedestrians, before and after the game. The Regina Police Service is reminding motorists to be aware of road closures around Mosaic Stadium before and after the game. Police are asking motorists and pedestrians to follow directions, have patience and be courteous to other users of the road.
Beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 20, there will be no vehicle traffic allowed on the 1500, 1600, and 1700 blocks of Elphinstone Street. Access will be limited to Regina Transit buses and local residents only (you may be asked to show that you are a local resident, e.g. home address on identification or correspondence). Fans and motorists will find road closures on:
- 1500 block of Elphinstone Street at Dewdney Avenue;
- Princess Street and 9th Avenue
- Argyle Street and 9th Avenue;
- McTavish Street and 9th Avenue;
- Elphinstone Street and 9th Avenue;
- Montague Street and 10th Avenue;
- Elphinstone Street and North Railway Street;
- Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street.
Make game day safe and fun for all. Reminders:
- Just drive: don’t drink and/or text and drive;
- Use the FREE Mosaic Stadium Shuttle transit route: //www.regina.ca/transportation-roads-parking/transit/rider-transit-mosaic-stadium-shuttle/;
- Park legally and don’t litter; and,
- Remove valuables from your vehicle and lock the doors.
Enjoy Game Day and be safe! Go Riders!