Two 18 year-old adults, a 15 year-old youth, and a 17 year-old youth are facing charges after an incident on Sunday.
At approximately midnight on July 7, 2019, police were dispatched to the 1000 block of Garnet Street for a weapons offence. The victim was sitting in a vehicle when a suspect vehicle with four occupants approached the victim. One of the occupants pointed a firearm at the victim. The victim was able to leave the scene unharmed.
Police located the vehicle on the 1100 block of Angus Street and conducted a vehicle stop. Four males, two adults and two youth, exited the vehicle and were arrested without incident. The investigation revealed a firearm, ammunition, bear spray, drugs, and drug paraphernalia.
Eighteen year-old Shane Stiles KENNEDY, 18 year-old Terrell Storm NAHNEPOWISK, and a 15 year-old male youth and a 17 year-old male youth who cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, all of whom are from Regina, are charged with:
- Carrying a concealed weapon [90 CC];
- Possession of a firearm, prohibited or restricted weapon obtained by crime [96(1) CC];
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition [95(1)(A) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a scheduled substance for the purpose of trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- Possession of a weapon [88 CC];
- Careless storage of firearm [86(2) CC];
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [91(1) CC]; and
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited device or ammunition in a motor vehicle [94(1)(A)(ii) CC].
KENNEDY and NAHNEPOWISK appeared in Provincial Court for these charges on July 8, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
The 15 year-old youth and the 17 year-old youth appeared in Youth Provincial Court for these charges on July 8, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.