A 29 year-old male is facing a charge of Aggravated Assault and numerous firearms-related charges after an incident in Regina on the weekend.
On Sunday, August 25, 2019, at about 4:01 p.m., several police units were dispatched to the 3500 block of Saskatchewan Drive for a sick or injured person. Police located a 27 year-old male victim who had sustained several lacerations and blunt force injuries; he was transported to hospital by EMS. Investigation into this event led police to an address in the 1900 block of Athol Street. In the process of creating a safety perimeter, police observed a male at the rear of the address. Further investigation led to the arrest of this male who was wanted on several outstanding warrants in Regina and surrounding area. A firearm was located and seized. The suspect male was charged in connection with the assault on the victim found on Saskatchewan Drive.
Twenty-nine year-old Nicholas Sean PELLETIER, of the Regina district, is charged with:
- Aggravated Assault [268(1) CC];
- Store Firearm Contrary to Regulations [86(2) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon (handgun) for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a firearm [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm Obtained by Crime [96(1) CC];
- 3 x Possession of a Firearm contrary to Prohibition [117.01(1) CC]
PELLETIER made his first court appearance on these charges at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, August 26, 2019.