A 23 year-old Regina male is facing 45 charges in connection with 14 recent property-crime-related investigations. This individual was arrested on Monday night on outstanding warrants and, as the result of several investigations, is facing dozens of new charges.
The incidents are as follows:
- June 26, 2019 – a business on Prince of Wales Drive reported theft of merchandise from the store by a suspect male, who left the premises before police arrived.
- June 27, 2019 – a business on Prince of Wales Drive (different from above) had hundreds of dollars of clothing stolen from the store.
- July 16, 2019 – A business on Prince of Wales Drive (same as June 26th incident) reports a theft of clothing.
- July 23, 2019 – A patrol officer observes a male, operating a silver Mazda, in the area of Dewdney Avenue and Courtney Street. The male was identified by the officer as a prohibited driver (court-ordered).
- July 23, 2019 – the silver Mazda was bearing a license plate which turned out to be stolen from a vehicle on Neville Drive. When police went to that location, they found the owner’s car displaying a plate that had been stolen from Green Lavender Drive. When police went to Lavender Drive, that resident’s vehicle was displaying a (3rd) stolen license plate.
- July 29, 2019 – Police received a report of the theft of a Jeep from the 2200 block of 1st Avenue North. The theft was observed by a witness who provided a description of suspects.
- Between July 26th and July 27th, a 2015 silver Mazda was stolen from Lockwood Drive. On August 1, 2019, the vehicle was seen by police in an alley, but the driver left the scene and police did not have opportunity to stop it. The vehicle was recovered, damaged, on August 12th.
- August 1, 2019 – the silver Mazda was displaying a stolen license plate, believed to have been stolen on July 26, 2019.
- August 1, 2019 – A male suspect entered a business on Prince of Wales Drive, retrieved a shopping cart full of clothing and pushed it out the front door. The suspect left the scene on a stolen Mazda.
- August 1, 2019 – Police were dispatched to a theft of auto in progress in the 600 block of Winnipeg Street. It’s alleged a silver Mazda and another vehicle pull into the lot. The suspect steals a Ford F250 and leaves the scene along with the other two vehicles. The license plate of the F250 is recovered on August 12th.
- August 7, 2019 – A male was observed sitting in a Mazda parked in the 6500 block of Rochdale Boulevard. Further investigation indicated the license plate on the vehicle was a stolen plate, taken sometime between July 31st and August 3rd. The male drove away before an arrest could be made.
- August 8, 2019 – police were dispatched to a Break and Enter in progress in the 3400 block of Hill Avenue. Someone had tried to break into an upstairs suite at that location. The suspects left in a silver Mazda.
- August 12, 2019 – A male suspect was seen operating a Grand Prix in the area of 300 Forget Street. The male exited the Grand Prix and drove away in a white SUV. Police found stolen license plates, break and enter tools, crystal meth and machetes inside the Grand Prix.
- August 12, 2019 – the stolen F250 is seen, operated by a prohibited driver (court-ordered).
Twenty-three year-old Calvin Roy SPARVIER, of Regina, is charged with:
- 24 x Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC];
- 5 x Operation (of a vehicle) while Prohibited by an Order [320.18(1)(a) CC];
- Mischief under $5,000 [430(4) CC];
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking [5(2) CDSA];
- 2 x Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000 [355(a) CC];
- Possession of Break-In Instruments [351(1) CC];
- 5 x Theft under $5,000 [334(b) CC];
- 3 x Shoplifting under $5,000 [334(b) CC];
- Theft over $5,000 [334(a) CC]; and
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [333.1(1) CC].
SPARVIER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Tuesday, August 13, 2019.