Two female youths are facing charges after traffic incidents on Thursday morning.
On August 15, 2019, between 4:20 a.m. and 5:42 a.m., it’s alleged a grey Ford F-150 truck was involved in traffic infractions, a hit and run collision at Dewdney Avenue and Robinson Street that sent two people to hospital, and a minor property damage collision at Broad Street and Broadway Avenue.
Two people exited the truck at Broad Street and Broadway Avenue, and were detained by witnesses until police arrived. Police took the two suspects safely into custody and subsequently charged them.
The two female youths, ages 13 and 14, cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
The 13 year old youth, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC];
- Impaired operation of a conveyance by alcohol or drug or a combination [320.14(1)(A) CC];
- Exceeds 80mg of alcohol within 2 hours of operating a conveyance [210.14(1)(B) CC];
- Operate conveyance dangerous to public [320.13(1) CC];
- 2 x Dangerous operation of a conveyance causing bodily harm [320.13(2)]; and,
- 2 x Failure to stop after an accident that results in bodily harm.
The 14 year old youth, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [355(A) CC]; and
- Fail to comply with undertaking [145(3) CC].
The youths appeared for these charges in Youth Provincial Court on August 15, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.