A 28 year-old male is facing several firearms-related charges, as well as drug and stolen property charges, after an arrest on Friday, August 30th.
On Friday, August 30, 2019, at about 1:45 p.m., in the 1100 block of Devonshire Drive, police spotted an individual identified as a suspect in a suspicious person file. The male was in the driver seat of a vehicle, with no valid license plate and an expired permit. Two other persons in the vehicle were subject of outstanding warrants. All three persons were arrested from the vehicle and taken into custody. Police located a bag with a substance believed to be crystal meth in the vehicle, as well as a backpack containing a handgun and ammunition. Police also seized several pieces of mail belonging to individuals other than the occupants of the vehicle. Further investigation led to numerous charges against the male driver. The other two occupants of the car were released with court dates to deal with their warrants.
Twenty-eight year-old Justin Theodore PELLETIER, of Regina, is charged with:
- 2 x Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine) [4(1) CDSA];
- Possession of Proceeds Obtained by Crime under $5,000 (currency) [355(b) CC];
- Store Firearm Contrary to Regulations [86(2) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace (knife and zip gun) [88 CC];
- 2 x Carrying Concealed Weapon (knife and zip gun) [90 CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device (zip gun) [94(1) CC];
- Possession of a Loaded, Restricted Firearm [95(1) CC];
- Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon, Knowing it was Obtained by Crime [96(1) CC];
- 2 x Possession of a Firearm Contrary to Prohibition [117.01(1) CC];
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000 (mail) [355(b) CC].
PELLETIER made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.