The Regina Police Service advises that a male, who was the subject of a Canada-Wide Warrant for Arrest on human-trafficking-related charges, has been arrested.
Twenty-six year-old Daniel KHET was arrested in Montreal on August 28, 2019 on unrelated matters. KHET was remanded in Montreal and will be returned to Regina, to appear in court on charges resulting from investigation into offences alleged to have occurred in Saskatchewan between the end of March and the beginning of April, 2019. KHET is charged with:
- 2 x Uttering Threats [264.1(1) CC];
- Assault [266 CC];
- Forcible Confinement [279(2) CC];
- Trafficking in Persons [279.01(1)(a) CC];
- Material Benefit from Trafficking in Persons [279.02 CC];
- Withholding or Destroying Documents (trafficking in persons) 279.03 CC];
- Procuring 286.3(1) CC], and
- Advertises Offer to provide Sexual Services for Consideration [286.4(a) CC].
KHET will make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court in Regina at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 4, 2019.