Two females are facing charges after a stolen auto incident.
On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at around 10:15 p.m., police received a call about a vehicle that had been stolen from the area around the Douglas Park hill. Patrol officers observed the vehicle, a Chevrolet Silverado, driving at high speeds in residential areas. Officers safely deployed a spike belt on 8th Avenue. The driver continued, sideswiped an unmarked police vehicle, and then came to a stop a short time later. The occupants of the truck fled on foot but were apprehended and arrested quickly. As a result:
Thirty year-old Charity Alicia Lynn BRASS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1(1)];
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 [CC 355(a)];
- Operate Conveyance Dangerous to Public [CC 320.13(1)];
- Failure to Stop After Accident [CC 320.16(1)];
- 2 X Operation of a Conveyance While Prohibited [CC 320.18(1)(a)]; and
- 3 X Failure to Comply With Probation Order [CC 733.1(1)].
Thirty two year-old Vanessa Gaylene BELANGER, of Broadview, is charged with:
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1(1)]; and
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 [CC 355(a)].
BRASS and BELANGER made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on October 24, 2019.