A 23 year-old male is facing several charges after a stolen auto incident.
On Thursday, October 17, 2019, at about 8:40 a.m., police communications received a phone call about a potential stolen vehicle. Officers confirmed the vehicle to be a stolen Ford F-150. They located the vehicle, and safely deployed a spike belt in the area of Stapleford Crescent, which brought the vehicle to a stop some distance later.
The driver fled the vehicle and was apprehended by officers nearby.
It’s alleged the driver had stolen property in his possession, as well as a weapon and ammunition.
23 year-old Michael Tibor MESZAROS, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 [CC 355 (a)];
- 2 x Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 [CC 355 (b)];
- 4 x Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Operation of a conveyance while prohibited [320.18(1)(a)];
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon [CC 91(2)]; and
- Carrying a concealed weapon [CC 90].
MESZAROS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, October 18, 2019.