On October 18, 2019 Regina Police Service Canine Unit encountered a wanted subject in the 800 block of Queen Street. The wanted person fled into a residence. With the assistance of the Community Service Division (Patrol), Street Gang Unit and Crisis Negotiator the subject surrendered and was safely taken into custody. A search warrant was executed at the home. As a result of this investigation:
Thirty-three year-old Richard CRANE of Regina has been charged with:
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Possession Of A Weapon For A Dangerous Purpose [CC 86];
- Unauthorized Possession Of Firearm [CC 92 (1)];
- Possession Of A Weapon Obtained By Commission of Offence [CC 96(1)];
- 2 X Possession of Weapon Contrary To Prohibition Order [CC 117.01(1)];
- Fail To Comply With Undertaking [CC 145(3)]; and
- Breach of Probation [CC 733. (1)].
Investigation continued into a firearm related offences at a separate residence. The Community Services Division (Patrol) and the Street Gang Unit attended a home in the 1400 block of Princess Street and located a wanted
subject. A search warrant was executed at the home. As a result of this investigation:
Thirty-four year-old Jason Lloyd MORIN of Regina has been charged with:
- 2 X Careless Storage of a Firearm [CC 86(1)];
- 2 X Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose [CC 88]
- 2 X Possession of Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition [CC 95(1)(a)];
- 2 X Possession Of A Weapon Obtained By Commission of Offence [CC 96];
- 4 X Possession Contrary to Prohibited Firearms Orders [CC 117.01(1)]; and
- Possession of Stolen Property over $5000 [CC 355(a)].
Both charged subjects made their first court appearance in Provincial Court on October 21, 2019 at 9:00 am.