Regina residents can expect traffic delays today, Friday, October 11, 2019, as labour marchers make their way through downtown Regina. This may affect vehicle traffic flow on Broad Street, Victoria Avenue, and Saskatchewan Drive.
Please make note of the scheduled route:
- 10:30 AM – 10:35 AM: Unifor speech at the City Square Plaza.
- 10:35 AM – 10:50 AM: Group will move to SaskPower at 2000 block Victoria Avenue.
- 10:50 AM – 11:05 AM: Speech at SaskPower.
- 11:05 AM – 11:10 AM: Group will move to SaskEnergy on the 1700 block Victoria Avenue
- 11:10 AM – 11:15 AM: Speech at SaskEnergy
- 11:15 AM – 11:45 AM: Group will move to SaskTel on the 2000 block Saskatchewan Drive
- 11:45 AM – 11:50 AM: Speech at SaskTel
- 11:50 AM – 12:10 PM: Group returns to the City Square Plaza; March concluded.
The City Square Plaza will be closed to vehicle traffic between 10:00 AM and 12:30 PM.
The Regina Police Service will be stopping traffic to allow the group to move between destinations as the march progresses.
Eastbound Victoria Avenue traffic will be blocked between Lorne Street and Broad Street beginning at 10:00 AM.
Police will control the Victoria Avenue and Broad Street intersection to allow the group to gather in front of the SaskEnergy building.
The northbound lane of Broad Street will be closed between 13th Avenue and Dewdney Avenue at 10:30 AM.
Eastbound Saskatchewan Drive will be closed between Lorne Street and Broad Street starting at 11:00 AM.
The Regina Police Service would like to remind motorists to be aware of this event and to choose an alternate route, if possible. Motorists who are travelling on these streets, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., are asked to please be patient and keep in mind the safety of all users of the roadway. This rally may draw spectators who may not be focused on vehicle traffic in the area.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.