On Thursday, October 24, 2019, at approximately 5:05 AM, police were dispatched to Froom Crescent for the report of an assault. Information received was that a male had caught another male breaking into his vehicle, and when the vehicle owner approached, the suspect climbed out, and raised a hatchet and advanced at the owner and fled on bicycle. No one was physically injured in the incident, however the victim had damage to his vehicle and items stolen.
The suspect, an 18 year-old male, was located nearby by an RPS K9 Unit officer, and arrested. Among the items recovered in a search were two firearms, knives, a hatchet, a substance believed to be methamphetamine, break and enter tools, and bank cards in the name of the vehicle owner, and other names not belonging to the suspect. The suspect was found to be in breach of an undertaking prohibiting the possession of weapons.
Eighteen year-old Alvin CARR, of Regina, is charged with:
- 3 X Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Assault with a weapon [CC 267(A)];
- Mischief under $5,000 [CC 430(4)];
- Careless storage of a firearm [CC 86(2)];
- Possession of a prohibited firearm [CC 88];
- 5 X Carry concealed weapon [CC 90];
- 5 X Possession of a weapon [CC 88];
- Fail to comply [CC 145(5.1)];
- Possession of a scheduled substance (methamphetamine) [CDSA 4(1)]; and
- 3 X Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01(1)].
CARR makes his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.