A male adult has been charged after an incident on Wednesday afternoon.
On November 20, 2019 at approximately 2:20 p.m., police were dispatched to a business on the 4400 block of Rochdale Boulevard for a report of a suspicious male who was believed to be carrying a knife. Police arrived on scene and located the suspect outside of the business. The officer observed the bottom of a blade protruding from the suspect’s waist band. When the officer attempted to arrest the suspect, he fled on foot. Approximately 20 minutes later the suspect returned to the business and was arrested by police without incident. The suspect was identified as Peyton STEVENSON.
The investigation revealed a loaded modified rifle, a machete, a small amount of an illegal substance and property alleged to be stolen.
Twenty-two year-old Peyton STEVENSON, of Regina, is charged with:
- Possession of a Weapon (rifle) – Sec 88 CC;
- Carrying Concealed Weapon – Sec 90 CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm – Sec 91(1);
- Tampering with Serial Number of a Firearm – Sec 108(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of a Weapon (machete) – Sec 88 CC;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance – Sec 4(1) CDSA;
- Theft – Shoplifting Under $5000 – Sec 334(b) CC;
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 – Sec 355(b) CC;
- Escape Lawful Custody – Sec 145(1)(a) CC;
- Fail to Comply with an Undertaking – Sec 145(3) CC;
STEVENSON will appear in Provincial Court for these charges on November 21, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.