Four people are facing drug trafficking-related charges as the result of an investigation by the Regina Police Service Drug Unit.
The investigation, begun earlier this month, provided evidence of drug trafficking that led to execution of a search warrant under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) the night of December 4, 2019. The location of the search was a residence in the 2300 block of Smith Street, as well as a vehicle associated to the address. At a point where two of the suspects had departed the residence in the suspect vehicle, police were able to safely stop the vehicle and arrest the two adult males. The search of one of the males under arrest yielded a large sum of Canadian currency. In the search of the residence, police located and seized a loaded, 45-calibre handgun, more Canadian currency, and quantities of methamphetamine, cocaine, and paraphernalia associated to drug trafficking. Two females were arrested from the residence.
Thirty-seven year-old Carlson Trevor KING, and 68 year-old Leroy George LAKE, both of Calgary, are charged, along with 34 year-old Alexis Joy YASINOWSKI and 33 year-old Kerry Lynn LERAT, both of Regina. The four are jointly charged with:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine) [5(2) CDSA] and
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (cocaine), [5(2) CDSA].
In addition, Carlson KING is charged with:
- Possession of Proceeds of Crime over $5,000 [355(a) CC];
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace [88 CC];
- Careless Storage of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon [91(2) CC];
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm Knowing they do not have a license [92(1) CC];
- Possession of a Loaded, Restricted Weapon [95(1)(a) CC]; and
- Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime [96(1) CC].
In addition to the charges above, both Kerry LERAT and Leroy LAKE are charged with Possession of Proceeds of Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC].
All four accused will make their first appearances on these charges in Provincial Court today, Thursday, December 5, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.