On December 18, 2019, at approximately 12:15 a.m., police were dispatched to the 700 block of Argyle Street for the report of an automobile theft in progress. Police located the vehicle stopped northbound on the 800 block of Cameron Street, still running with a lone occupant inside. The vehicle then turned south onto Robinson Street, and pulled over. The driver then got out of the vehicle and was taken into custody. A breath demand was read by police, but the male refused to provide a sample, and was subsequently charged.
Thirty-nine year-old Errol Vaughn BALLANTYNE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Theft of Motor Vehicle [CC 333.1];
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000 [CC 355(A)];
- Failure or refusal to comply with demand [CT 320.15(1)];
- Impaired operation of conveyance [CT 320.14(1)(A)]; and
- Fail to comply with probation order [CC 733.1(1)].
BALLANTYNE made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges, today, December 18, 2019, at 2:00 p.m.