A male is charged after a firearms incident that occurred this morning, December 16, 2019.
On Monday, December 16, 2019, at approximately 6:30 a.m., police were dispatched to a residence on the 1800 block of Atkinson Street for the report of a firearms offence. Information received was that a lone suspect had discharged a firearm three times inside the residence.
Police surrounded the residence and after three hours, the occupant, a 42 year-old male, exited the residence, and was arrested. A search of the residence revealed two firearms. Damage from firearm discharge was observed inside the residence. No one was injured in this incident.
Forty-two year-old Ryan LAVALLEE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm [CC 92(2)];
- Possession of a loaded firearm [CC 95(1)];
- 6 X Possession of firearm/ammunition contrary to prohibition order [CC 117.01];
- Careless use of a firearm [CC 86(1)];
- Careless storage of a firearm [CC 86(2)]; and
- Possession of a prohibited weapon [CC 88].
LAVALLEE makes his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court on Tuesday, December 17, 2019.