Two males and a female have been charged in connection with a home invasion incident that occurred on Saturday in Regina.
This investigation began on Saturday January 4, 2020, at about 9:30 p.m., when police received a report that four people had forced their way into a home on the 1600 block of Rae Street and discharged a firearm. It was reported that the suspects fled the scene in a grey Chrysler 300. The next afternoon, at about 2:15 p.m., patrol officers saw a vehicle matching the description of the suspect vehicle in the area of 4th Avenue and Lewvan Drive. Police attempted a traffic stop on the vehicle, but it would not stop. A short time later, the same vehicle was spotted, stopped in the east alley of 1100 block Garry Street. Three suspects fled from the vehicle and were apprehended by patrol, assisted by two K9 units, apprehended all three suspects: two males and a female. Police are continuing their investigation into the home invasion and the evade police occurrence.
The accused are 27 year-old Cullen Wade TAYPOTAT, 25 year-old Deanna Marilyn MCKAY, and 23 year-old Marlon Roland WHITEHAWK, all of Regina. The three are jointly charged with the following three offences:
– Break and Enter with Intent to Commit an Indictable Offence [348(1)(a) CC];
– Disguise With Intent [351(2) CC]; and
– Use of a Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence [85(1)(a) CC].
In addition, Deanna Marilyn MCKAY is charged with:
- Careless Use of a Firearm [86(1) CC];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Weapon [91(2) CC];
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Order [117.01(1) CC];
- Breach of a Release Order [145(5)(a) CC]; and
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC].
Similarly, Marlon Roland WHITEHAWK is also facing charges additional to the joint charges. WHITEHAWK is charged with:
- Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]; and
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Order [117.01(1) CC].
All three accused made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, January 6, 2020.