Under the authority of, and pursuant to, the Saskatchewan Public Disclosure Act, the Regina Police Service is issuing a public advisory on a male, who is considered to be a high risk to reoffend sexually. Forty-two year old Jason Paul THORNE, will reside in the Heritage neighbourhood of Regina in a residence that provides supervision and monitoring of his activities. THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, NOT TO EMBARK UPON ANY FORM OF VIGILANTISM OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT THIS INDIVIDUAL.
Jason Paul THORNE is described as: Male, 43 years old, 5 ‘ 9” tall, weighing approximately 170 pounds, medium build, with brown eyes and black hair. A photo of THORNE is attached.
A brief description of THORNE’s offending behavior is as follows: Jason Paul THORNE has a criminal history which includes sexual offences and has a history of reoffending. He poses a high risk for acts of sexual offending against female children. The prospects for reduction of his risk through treatment interventions are poor.
Jason Paul THORNE is on a statutory release beginning Friday, March 20, 2020 and scheduled to resume his long-term supervision order on June 20th, 2020. THORNE must abide by the following special conditions:
- Follow a treatment plan/program to be arranged by his parole supervisor in the areas of sexual deviancy and substance abuse.
- Not to be in the presence of any children under the age of 18 unless he is accompanied by a responsible adult who knows his criminal history and has previously been approved in writing, by the parole supervisor.
- Abstain from the use of all intoxicants.
- Follow psychiatric counselling and medication regime as directed by a clinician.
- Not to consume, purchase or possess drugs other than prescribed medication taken as prescribed and over the counter drugs taken as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Not to be in, near, or around places where children under the age of 18 are likely to congregate such as elementary and secondary schools, parks, swimming pools and recreational centres unless accompanied by an adult previously approved in writing by his parole supervisor.
- Not to purchase, acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material in any form or type of media.
- Immediately report all intimate sexual and nonsexual relationships and friendships or changes in relationships to his parole supervisor.
- Reside at a Community Correctional Centre or a Community Residential Facility or other residential facility (such as private home placement) approved by the Correctional Service of Canada.
- Not to associate with any person known to be, or have reason to believe to be, involved in criminal activity or substance use
- Not to consume, purchase or possess alcohol.
- Follow psychological counselling to be arranged by his parole supervisor.
Any member of the public who has questions or concerns is encouraged to contact the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500. Any person who wishes to report an incident where Jason Paul THORNE is in violation of the aforementioned conditions, should call the Regina Police Service at 306-777-6500 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Concerns or reports from persons living outside of Regina should be directed to the nearest detachment of the RCMP or local municipal police department.
This information is intended to raise community awareness about the presence of this offender so that people may make informed choices about contact with this person. This information is not to be used for an unlawful purpose. The Regina Police Service stresses: THIS INFORMATION IS INTENDED TO ENABLE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO TAKE SUITABLE PREVENTATIVE MEASURES, NOT TO EMBARK UPON ANY FORM OF VIGILANTISM OR OTHER UNREASONABLE CONDUCT DIRECTED AT THIS INDIVIDUAL.