Two males, ages 41 and 45, are facing a total of 15 charges in connection with recent business Break and Enter cases, in which numerous electronic items, cell phones, computer equipment and accessories were stolen. When arrested, one of the accused is also alleged to have been in possession of quantities of drugs and drug trafficking paraphernalia.
The recent Break & Enters include:
- March 25, 2020 – At 5:20 a.m., police responded to an alarm for a business in the 3700 block of Chuka Boulevard. The glass front door of the business was smashed and numerous display cell phones, computer monitors, televisions and cell phone accessories had been taken
- April 3, 2020 – Police were dispatched to a business in the 1000 block of N. Stockton Street at about 5:43 a.m. for a report of a business Break & Enter. Culprits had smashed the front door and computer equipment and accessories had been removed.
- April 6, 2020 – At about 4:52 a.m., police were dispatched to businesses in the 4500 block of Albert Street for a Break & Enter. Initially, it appeared a restaurant had been broken into, but investigation showed the victim business was actually an electronics store and the culprit or culprits had taken computers, parts and accessories.
- April 6, 2020 – police were dispatched at about 11:30 a.m. to a business in the 300 block of N. McCarthy Boulevard. Staff at an electronics business determined that a Break & Enter had occurred at about 5:10 a.m. that day. The front glass door had been smashed and a television, computer, cell phones and other electronics had been stolen.
As the result of continued investigation into these events, the Property Crimes Unit of the Regina Police Service, assisted by other members, identified potential suspects and indications of possible drug trafficking activity as well. Further investigation led to the arrest of one male suspect on May 14th. A vehicle associated to this individual was searched, yielding drugs, currency and other items associated to drug trafficking. Search warrants were authorized for two residences yielding several items of electronic equipment believed to be stolen property. A second male was arrested on May 14th without incident and further investigation led to charges against both individuals.
Forty-five Chad Allan ROSTAD, of Odessa, Saskatchewan, and 41 year-old Jarred James ROSTAD, of Regina, are jointly charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000, section 355(a) CC, and
- 4 X Break and Enter and Commit Theft, section 348(1)(b) CC.
In addition, Chad Allan ROSTAD is charged with:
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine) for the Purpose of Trafficking, section 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (cocaine) for the Purpose of Trafficking, section 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession of a Scheduled Substance (psilocybin), section 4(1) CDSA;
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000, section 355(b) CC; and
- Operation of a Conveyance while Prohibited, section 320.18(1)(a) CC.
Both Jarred James ROSTAD and Chad Allan ROSTAD made their first court appearances in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 14, 2020.