A 22 year-old male is facing charges after a weapons incident on Tuesday night.
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020, at approximately 8:05 p.m., police were dispatched a report of a firearm discharged inside a home on the 2300 block of McTavish Street. After further investigation, it was determined that an adult male had been handling a long barreled firearm and had accidentally discharged it into a wall inside the house. Nobody was injured as a result of the discharge.
Police located and arrested an adult male without incident. In a search incident to arrest, police located a firearm and a quantity of drugs. As a result:
Twenty two year-old Colin Manuel SEVERIGHT, of Regina, has been charged with:
- Possession of A Weapon [CC 88];
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [CC 91];
- Possession of A Firearm, Prohibited/Restricted Weapon Obtained By Crime [CC 96(1)];
- Careless Use of Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition [CC 86 (1)]; and,
- Possession of A Scheduled Substance For the Purpose of Trafficking [CSDA 5 (2)].
SEVERIGHT made his first court appearance in Provincial Court this morning (July 2, 2020) at 9:30 a.m.