The members of Facilities Services, under the guidance of the Facilities Services Supervisor:
- Operate and maintain mechanical, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment in buildings occupied by RPS.
- Are responsible for all general repairs required to maintain properties occupied by RPS.
- Are responsible for all building related capital projects/upgrades to RPS-occupied areas.
- Construct, renovate and furnish office space to suit the needs of RPS staff.
- Are responsible for exterior grounds maintenance to headquarters building and RPS parking lots.
Did you know?
RPS Headquarters building was built in 1977 and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
730 mechanical checks are performed each year to ensure proper operation of all equipment (that’s twice a day). These are performed in the Headquarters, Municipal Justice and Emergency services buildings.
On average 16, 575 people hours are performed each year maintaining the Headquarters, Municipal Justice and Emergency services buildings.