The Fleet Management Unit manages a fleet of vehicles that support patrol, investigators, undercover and school resource activities. Staff plan for, acquire equipment and maintain the fleet on a 24/7 basis. There is an emphasis on providing a very high level of service to support police operations.
Did you know?
In a typical year, police vehicles cover in excess of 2,000,000 kilometers.
Some interesting statistics…averages per year.
- travelled 2.15 million kilometers. That’s 53.7 times around the earth.
- One patrol vehicles travelled 58,417 Kms.
- Vehicles were fuelled 15,855 times.
- Vehicles were washed 5,649 times.
- Vehicles were vacuumed 6,324 times.
- Vehicles batteries were changed 33 times.
- Vehicles brakes were changed 50 times for the front and 32 times for the back.
- Vehicles had new tires 167 times.
- Vehicles had new spark plugs 21 times.
- …and changed the oil 648 times.