Competition No.: RPS18-006
Open Date: February 12, 2018
Close Date: February 26, 2018
Under the direction of the Financial Services Supervisor, performs a variety of accounting functions for the Regina Police Service.
(1) Processes and checks all invoices for payment, verifying accuracy, discounts, GST, PST, receipt of goods and proper authorization required, and enters invoices into the City Oracle Financial System. Responds to account inquiries from suppliers or contacts them for clarification on invoice.
(2) Processes and enters employee payments into the City Oracle Financial System and generates monthly reports.
(3) Requests vendor codes to be set up to process payments, prepares JV’s, Corporate Visa cards and issues purchase orders and purchase requisitions, prepares daily bank deposits and maintains petty cash float and issues various receipts.
(4) Audits, verifies and ensures timely payments and billings on a number of accounts (e.g., Commissionaires, lease payments, monthly service contract payments and utility bill payments).
(5) Performs verification of WCB business clearances to confirm companies are registered.
(6) Performs various account reconciliations on a monthly and year end basis.
(7) Maintains inventory of accounting, payroll and stationary forms, assists in balancing month-end reports and assists in records retention for Financial Services.
(8) Enters cash receipts in the Payment Manager system.
(9) Assists other accounting and payroll staff as required.
(10) Other related duties as required.
(1) Grade 12 or equivalent as well as Accounting/bookkeeping diploma or certificate or minimum one (1) year post-secondary classes in Accounting.
(2) Knowledge of computerized Financial System.
(3) The ability to compute tally or figure out numerical quantities and be able to apply taxes, duty and shipping charges.
(4) The ability to demonstrate attentiveness, meticulousness and exactness to detail in high volume situations is essential.
(5) Must be familiar with computers and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) is essential. Minimum typing speed of 40 w.p.m.
NOTE: If a qualified applicant is not found within the Regina Police Service, this vacancy shall be open to qualified applicants of other City Departments and the general public. All outside candidates must undergo security screening.
Salary: $1,767 to $2,120 bi-weekly
$46,119 to $55,332 per annum
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org