Under the direction of the Police Information Supervisor and coordinated by the Court Coordinator, performs clerical duties associated with the accurate entry of accused and disposition records and establishment of criminal record attachment to correct persons.
(1) Create all legal documents for accused/ charged persons.
(2) Creates the court folder and reviews occurrence files for accurate and complete documentation prior to forwarding to court.
(3) Assists with entering and maintaining the “Accused” category information on IEIS and CPIC. This includes warrant and release document conditions.
(4) Create Breach and Fail To Appear files as time permits.
(5) Creates warrants for warrant request files on priorities.
(6) Provides radio operator relief by accessing information from CPIC and other databases and relaying that information to support police investigations and queries.
(7) Codes information relayed via radio communication to maintain security of information dispersed.
(8) Other related duties.
(1) Thorough understanding of the court system, court documents (Warrants, Recognizance, Undertakings, Information’s, etc.).
(2) Good knowledge of police information business flow.
(3) IEIS (working knowledge): The ability to access, query and maintain court file and accused person information and retrieve information from the system.
(4) Good knowledge of the Criminal Code and Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes.
(5) The ability to communicate clearly, articulately and professionally, demonstrate to others what is required and work in a team environment.
(6) The ability to multitask.
(7) The ability to apply the knowledge learned to work situations and circumstances and to prioritize appropriately on a daily basis.
(8) CPIC (working knowledge): Ability to access, query and retrieve information from the Canadian Police Information System.
(9) Word processing: The ability to access, enter, edit and produce printed documents using Windows functionality.
(10) Grade 12 or Grade 12 equivalent and fully competent in the use of the English language.
(11) Certificate or diploma in Office Education from a recognized educational institution or equivalent education.
(12) Typing Ability: 50 w.p.m.
(13) Tenacity and the ability to process detailed, time consuming and tedious work with attention to detail.
(14) Computer: The ability to utilize Windows based software. Excellent working knowledge of business process of the RPS. The ability to do basic word processing and information searches utilizing electronic information systems.
(15) The ability to use alpha, phonetic and nine and ten codes for radio communication.
Competition No.: RPS20-005
Open Date: January 7, 2020
Close Date: January 21, 2020
Salary: $31.94 to $39.92 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com