Competition No.: RPS18-007
Open Date: February 12, 2018
Close Date: February 26, 2018
Under the direction of the Fleet Services Supervisor, services and conducts minor maintenance and cleaning of vehicular fleet, facilities and equipment of the Police Service.
(1) Washes, cleans and waxes the fleet and equipment.
(2) Performs service calls such as changing flat tires, boosting cars, etc.; assists police members in emergency situations (e.g., delivers boat, bomb trailer, mobile command trailer, disaster box, signs, cones and flare lights to major accident sites); picking up property.
(3) Services vehicles including filling with gas, grease, change and/or add oil, check transmission, battery, tires, radiator, fan belt, etc.
(4) Carries out minor mechanical repairs such as replacing head lights, sealed beams, bulbs and fuses; and removes and replaces tires.
(5) Provides cleaning for all facilities including sweeping and/or washing floors and removing snow from facility entrances, as required. This includes cleaning of the detention area.
(6) Monitors parking in police garage and parking lot and maintains security over police compound as required.
(7) Accepts and releases seized vehicles from the police garage, maintains vehicle and equipment servicing records such as oil change records and acts as messenger and chauffeur and assists mechanics strip vehicles for trade.
(8) Other duties as required.
(1) Valid Class 5 Novice 1 (minimum) drivers’ license and knowledge of minor mechanical vehicle repair and servicing.
(2) Mechanical ability and the ability to use hand and power tools.
(3) Completion of WHIMIS training.
(4) Must possess the physical strength, mobility and flexibility to perform the duties of the position. Frequent lifting and/or carrying of heavy objects up to 100 pounds, or strenuous physical activity.
(5) Must be willing to work shifts on a rotating basis (days, evenings, nights and weekends).
(6) Grade 12 or equivalent.
NOTE: If a qualified applicant is not found within the Regina Police Service, this vacancy shall be open to qualified applicants of other City Departments and the general public. All outside candidates must undergo security screening.
Salary: $26.31 to $31.57 hourly
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org