Under the direction of the Access to Information Supervisor, processes requests for information including criminal record disclosures and registers, photographs, and fingerprints individuals and searches and maintains pertinent information related to AFIS entries ensuring excellent customer services and adherence to legislation and policy.
(1) Receives general public for fingerprinting and for requests for information concerning their criminal record. Accepts payment, issues receipts and maintains a log.
(2) Uses police equipment and technology by operating computer equipment and software such as IEIS, word-processing software, automated fingerprint identification software, email, LiveScan, and the internet to perform a variety of identification and administrative duties.
(3) Enters, modifies, updates, and maintains integrity of all pertinent information related to AFIS entries. Verifies the identity of individuals charged with criminal offences through fingerprint searches using AFIS, Transcoder, and other fingerprint records.
(4) Takes electronic and ink fingerprints for criminal record checks and other matters.
(5) Verifies accurate information entry of charges and descriptions on Ident/fingerprint reports, checking for inconsistencies and deficiencies. Coordinates with other sections in PIEM to keep up-to-date records and correct errors.
(6) Retrieves and releases information from the police information system using on-line search techniques to provide information for officers and third party inquiries and releases in accordance with legislation and release of information policy.
(7) Processes incoming correspondence from other agencies and companies, including insurance letters, victim impact statements, restitution letters, and assist files. Completes tasking, creates occurrences if necessary, and files according to retention policy.
(8) Other related duties as assigned from time to time.
(1) Efficient typist (50 wpm). Word Processing and computer knowledge with previous experience in an office environment.
(2) Grade 12 or Grade 12 equivalent and fully competent in the use of the English language.
(3) Certificate or diploma in Office Education from a recognized educational institution or equivalent.
(4) Customer Service: Experience in customer service with the demonstrated ability to deal with persons in efficient and professional manner. Excellent communication skills.
(5) Ability to work in a team environment
(6) Must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of the application of privacy and freedom of information principles, RPS policy in relation to release of information and knowledge of the Criminal Record Act and Youth Criminal Justice Act and its application to release of information.
(7) Ability to organize and prioritize work to respond to high demand and high degree of accuracy.
(8) Ability to analyze a situation based on policy and standards and make decisions accordingly.
Competition No.: RPS20-014
Open Date: February 13, 2020
Close Date: February 27, 2020
Salary: $2,193 to $2,631 bi-weekly
$57,237 to $68,669 per annum
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org