Evaluate the security of your home. The following is a list of safety tips to make your home more secure.
- Doors have 180º peepholes.
- Inside locks are at least one metre from glass.
- Exterior doors are solid-core.
- Exterior doors have 2.5 cm deadbolts.
- Exterior door hinge pins are non-removable.
- Door jambs are securely fastened.
- Strike plates are secured to door jambs with 6.35 cm (2.5 “) screws.
- Deadbolts extend sufficiently into strike plates.
- Locks have been changed or re-keyed since you have moved in.
- Double-hung windows are securely pinned.
- Metal windows and basement windows have auxiliary locks.
- Curtains cover windows completely.
- Window air conditioners are secured from inside.
- Garage door closes tightly.
- Overhead garage door has quality lock.
- Doors are locked and closed when not in use.
- Remote garage door opener is customized for your garage door.
- Keys are removed from vehicle while it’s in the garage.
- Garage light can be turned on from inside the house.
- Shrubs are cut below window level.
- Tree limbs are cut above window level.
- Residence number is visible from the street, and at night.
- All entrances to the house and garage are well-lit.