Members of the Regina Police Service had a busy weekend, with a steady demand in terms of calls for service, including the following events:
- On Friday, June 17, at approximately 10:06 p.m., police attended to a male who’d been struck by a vehicle leaving the football game at Mosaic Stadium. A brown Ford F-150 struck an adult male pedestrian and then left the scene without offering assistance. The victim is a 48 year-old male from Indian Head, who was taken to hospital with injuries described as serious but not life-threatening. Police were able to locate the vehicle a short time later in the 1100 block of Kramer Boulevard. A 32 year-old male was arrested without incident and charged. Thirty-two year-old Bradley T. THUE, DOB: 1979-01-11, of Bengough, SK, is charged with Hit and Run Causing Bodily Harm [252(1.2) CC]. THUE will make his first court appearance on this charge in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on July 14, 2011.
- On Sunday, June 19, 2011, at approximately 3:13 a.m., police were dispatched to a collision with injuries in the 1000 block of Retallack Street. A Dodge Aries had struck a parked van, injuring a 35-year-old female, who was standing beside the van when it was hit. She was taken to hospital for treatment of her injuries. Police also located two males inside the car. The driver of the vehicle, a 19 year-old male, had outstanding warrants and was arrested at the scene for Impaired Driving Causing Bodily Harm. When further investigation determined the car had been stolen earlier that night, the driver was also charged with Possession of Stolen Property. The passenger of the car, an 18 year-old male, was arrested for being intoxicated in public and Possession of Stolen Property. Nineteen year-old Everett Faron ALEXSON, DOB: 1992-04-06, of Regina, is charged with Impaired Driving Causing Bodily Harm [255(2) CC]; Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle [249(1)(a) CC]; two charges of Breach of Undertaking [145(3) CC]; Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 [355(b) CC]; Refusal to Provide a Breath Sample [254(5) CC]; as well as failure to comply with court-ordered conditions. ALEXSON made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. today, Monday, June 20, 2011. Eighteen year-old Darnell James GEORGE, DOB 1993-05-09, of Regina, is charged with Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 [355(b) CC]. GEORGE will make his first court appearance on this charge on July 20, 2011.
- At about 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 19, 2011, police were dispatched to hospital for a report of a male victim, who appeared to have been the victim of a serious assault. Preliminary investigation indicated the victim, a 28 year-old male, had been present at a house in the 1500 block of Retallack Street, when an altercation broke out. It’s believed the victim was assaulted by two males, one of whom has been arrested; the other suspect is still at large. The victim remains in hospital with serious injuries; police are still carrying out investigation at the house in the 1500 block Retallack Street. Twenty-eight year-old Dwayne Lee MACHISKINIC, DOB: 1983-02-23, of Regina, is charged with Aggravated Assault [268(1) CC]. MACHISKINIC will make his first appearance on the charge in Provincial Court at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, June 20, 2011. Investigation into this matter is ongoing.
- Police have laid charges against 18 year-old and 16 year-old males in connection with a violent robbery that occurred on Sunday, June 19, 2011, at about 12:35 a.m. Preliminary investigation indicates the victim, a 48 year-old male, was walking down 5th Avenue in the area of Cameron Street, when he came into contact with a group of six to eight young males. The males began to berate the victim and it’s alleged one of the males produced a machete, striking the victim. The victim required treatment in hospital for a number of lacerations and other injuries. Other police units responding to the call, located a group matching the descriptions of the suspects in the 1200 block of Robinson Street. A male youth and adult male were arrested without incident. Eighteen year-old Skylar Blue ALEXSON, DOB: 1993-04-17, of Regina, is charged with Robbery Causing Bodily Harm with Intent to Steal [343(c) CC] and Carrying a Concealed Weapon [90 CC]. ALEXSON will make his first appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:30 p.m. today, Monday, June 20, 2011. A sixteen year-old male, who cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, has been charged with Robbery Causing Bodily Harm with Intent to Steal [343(c) CC]. The youth accused will make his first appearance on the charge in Youth Court at 2:30 p.m. today, Monday, June 20, 2011. The investigation into this matter is ongoing.
- Police are also investigating what appears to be a robbery or assault. On June 20, 2011, at about 2:07 a.m., police were dispatched to the area of 8th Avenue and Retallack Street for a report of an injured male lying in the street. Police attended and found a 27 year-old male who was taken to hospital by EMS for a number of injuries, described as non-life-threatening. Preliminary investigation suggests the male may have been the victim of a robbery or assault, but, at this stage, the victim has not been able to provide police with many details. Investigation into this matter is continuing.