Two Saskatoon males, ages 18 and 15, are facing numerous charges in connection with a series of incidents involving a Break and Enter, Thefts, Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm and Evading Police.
On July 11, Regina Police Service patrol members arrested two males who were seen in the vicinity of a break and enter into a garage in the 2500 block of McTavish Street. The owner of the property reported that an unknown person or persons had rummaged through two vehicles in the garage and two pedal bikes had been stolen. At about 7:55 a.m., two males on pedal bikes were arrested in the area; one was a 15 year-old male, who was arrested in the 2300 block of Garnet Street, the other was an 18 year-old, arrested in the 2400 block of Athol Street. Further investigation into the activities of the two suspects led to evidence supporting charges in connection with the following events, all on July 11, 2012:
– The theft of a white Ford F150 truck, taken at about 3:00 a.m., from Saskatoon, abandoned at Robinson Crescent, Regina;
– The theft of a blue Chevy Blazer, between 5:45 and 6:00 a.m., from a residence in the 300 block of Rae Street, Regina;
– Evading police, involving a blue Chevy Blazer in the 1700 block of Elphinstone Street, at about 6:19 a.m.;
– A motor vehicle collision involving three vehicles in the 100 block of Queen Street at about 6:59 a.m.. A brown Olds Cutlass (later reported stolen) was seen, followed by the Chevy Blazer, which struck a Toyota Yaris and a Chevy Astro Van. The Chevy Blazer was abandoned at the scene and the brown Oldsmobile was seen leaving the area;
– A person struck by a brown Cutlass in the alley of the 1000 block of Princess Street, between 6:50 and 7:15 a.m. The male victim sustained relatively minor injuries;
– The attempt theft of a Jeep in the 1700 block of Royal Street at about 7:10 a.m. Two males arrived in a brown Cutlass and were scared off by the owner;
– A theft of a Ford Escort from North Smith Street. The vehicle was abandoned nearby;
– An attempt theft of a Dodge Ram truck in the 200 block of Cornwall Street;
– Another theft-in-progress of a Buick Century in the 2600 block of Coronation Street, at about 7:26 a.m. two male suspects were seen inside the vehicle, but ran away when the owner and another witness appeared.
Charged in connection with these events are 18 year-old River Rain PETERS, DOB: 1994-05-18 and a 15 year-old male youth, who cannot be named in accordance with the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. Both males are from Saskatoon.
PETERS is charged with Break, Enter and Theft [348(1)(b) CC]; Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000 [355(b) CC]; Two counts of Theft of Auto [333.1(1) CC]; two counts of Attempt Theft of Auto [333.1(1) CC]; Fail to Comply with Conditions [137 YCJA]; and Evade Police [249.1(1) CC]. PETERS made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. today, Thursday, July 12, 2012.
The 15 year-old male is charged with Break, Enter and Theft [348(1)(b) CC]; Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000 [355(b) CC]; Two counts of Theft of Auto [333.1(1) CC]; two counts of Attempt Theft of Auto [333.1(1) CC]; Fail to Comply with Conditions [137 YCJA]; Evade Police [249.1(1) CC]; Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle [249(1)(a) CC] and Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm [249(3) CC]. The 15 year-old made his first court appearance on these charges in Youth Court at 9:30 a.m. today, Thursday, July 12, 2012.