The Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit (CFSEU) – Regina team, in conjunction with the Regina Police Service (RPS) Street Gang Unit and RPS Community Services Division arrested one 26 year old male in Regina. The male was wanted for several Criminal Code warrants to arrests including Flight from Police and Assault Causing Bodily Harm. When stopped he was found to be in possession of Hydromorphone, Canadian currency and a loaded 9 mm semi-automatic pistol.
Eric Philip STEVENS, 26 years old (DOB 1987-12-31), of Regina, Saskatchewan will be appearing in Regina Provincial Court on January 24, 2014. In addition to the Warrants to Arrest he will also answer to the charges of:
- Sec 5(2) Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA) – Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Hydromorphone
- Sec 355(b) Criminal Code (CC) – Possess Proceeds of Crime under $5,000
- Sec 88 CC – Possession of a Weapon for Purpose Dangerous to the Public
- Sec 91(2) CC- Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Firearm
- Sec 90 CC – Carry Concealed Weapon
- Sec 94(1)(b)CC – Possession of Weapon in Motor Vehicle
- Sec 95(1)(a)CC – Possession of Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Sec 145(3) CC – Fail to Comply with Conditions of Undertaking
CFSEU is funded by the Government of Saskatchewan through the Ministry of Justice, Corrections and Policing. CFSEU is an investigative body comprised of personnel from partner police agencies including the Regina Police Service, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Prince Albert Police Service, and the Saskatoon Police Service. The mandate of CFSEU is to expose, investigate, disrupt, dismantle and prosecute organized crime enterprises.