A 37 year-old Regina male faces a total of sixteen charges in connection with six Break and Enters that occurred in Regina between December 18, 2013 and January 2, 2014. A 39 year-old Regina female, is jointly charged on three charges of possession of stolen property in connection to the same incidents. Police have recovered numerous items of stolen property including computers, other electronics, cameras, jewelry, cellphones, power tools and footwear.
On December 20, 2013, at about 1:45 p.m., police were dispatched to a break and enter at a house in the 7200 block of Bennett Drive. The residents of the home had gone out to do some last-minute Christmas shopping when someone broke into their house and stole numerous items including some of the family’s Christmas presents.* On December 21, 2013, police were called to a residential Break and enter in the 7300 block Dalgleish Drive. Numerous electronic devices were taken in this incident. Investigation into the December 20th break and enter incident led police to identify a potential suspect and obtain a search warrant for a residence in the 7200 block of Blakeney Drive, carried out on January 2, 2014. The search yielded items believed to be stolen and further investigation connected the property to the B&Es on Bennett and Dalgleish Drives. A 39 year-old female suspect was arrested and charged with possession of stolen property. On January 3, 2014, a 37 year-old male suspect was arrested without incident on Fisher Street and a search incident to his arrest yielded additional items believed to be stolen property. The male was charged in connection to the Dec. 20th and 21st B&Es. Additional investigation into other unsolved break and enters led to further charges against the male accused: sixteen charges, in total.
The Break and Enters involved in this investigation are as follows:
– December 20, 2013 – 7200 block Bennett Drive
– December 21, 2013 – 7300 block Dalgleish Drive
– January 2, 2014 – 2300 block Bedford Avenue
– December 18, 2013 – 7100 block Blakeney Drive
– December 18, 2013 – 7100 block Beamish Drive
– December 24, 2013 – 1000 block Kenderdine Drive
Accused in connection with these incidents is 37 year-old Erick William BUFFALO, DOB: 1976-06-19, of Regina. In total, Erick BUFFALO is charged with eight charges of Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 [355(b) CC]; two charges of Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000 [355(a) CC]; and six charges of Break and Enter and Commit Theft [348(1)(b) CC]. Erick BUFFALO made a court appearance on seven of these charges [ 2x 348(1)(b); 2x 355(a); 3x 355(b) ] on January 3, 2014. He was re-arrested on January 8, 2014 and appeared in Provincial Court on the additional nine charges [ 5x 355(b); 4x 348(1)(b) ].
Co-accused in the case is 39 year-old Shauna Jean BUFFALO, DOB: 1974-05-07, of Regina, is charged with one charge of Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000 [355(b) CC]; and two charges of Possession of Stolen Property over $5,000 [355(a) CC]. Shauna BUFFALO made her first court appearance on the charges in Provincial Court on January 3. 2014.
The investigation into these matters is ongoing.
* The Break and Enter at Bennett Drive got some media attention before Christmas, because the investigating officer, in addition to working on the file, got his Shift co-workers (sworn and civilian) together right after the incident, to donate over $400., chocolate and gifts for the victims’ children. The money and gifts were delivered to the family on December 21st. Now, the family will also have some of the stolen items returned to them, since some of their property was recovered in the police investigation.