The Regina Police Service is asking motorists to reconsider travel plans on our roadways, as we face a February blizzard.
So far today (since 6:00 a.m.), the Regina Police Service has responded to only two collisions with (minor) injuries and four collisions where there was only property damage. But the evening commute is starting and night is approaching, so police are asking drivers to take extra care out on the roads.
Do not travel unless it’s necessary. If you must be out on the road:
– Make sure you can see and be seen, clearing snow and ice from your vehicle and windows;
– Give yourself extra time to get to your destination;
– Allow for extra stopping distance and reaction time;
– Be aware (more than usual) of other traffic;
– Be patient. Frustration never made anyone a better driver.
– Keep a cellphone handy and, if you must call for help, get safely to the side of the road before calling. In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Get home safely!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.