A 23 year-old Regina male is now facing charges in connection to a January 28, 2016 home invasion in the 1200 block of Walker Street. A previous news release issued on February 1st, detailed the arrests of two other males accused in the same home invasion, as well as the arrest of a third male, on unrelated matters.
The investigation into the home invasion began on Thursday, January 28, 2016, after police patrol members were dispatched to the 1200 block of Walker Street for a break and enter in progress. The preliminary investigation indicated that, shortly after 3:00 p.m., three males unlawfully entered the residence while the female and male occupants were at home. The male suspects, who were armed with firearms, demanded money and personal property and fled the scene in a van. The victims were not physically injured in this incident. Investigation into this event led to identification of potential suspects. A 34 year-old male suspect was located and arrested, after a physical struggle, the evening of January 29th. On January 30th, a 36 year-old male suspect was taken into custody without incident after Negotiators and SWAT members attended a call to a trailer parked at a residence in the 600 block of Pasqua Street. A search of the premises was conducted and a handgun, two pellet guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, holsters, several knives, body armour and several items connected to the January 28th home invasion were recovered. It was confirmed a van, a truck and the trailer, at the scene, were all stolen vehicles. (A 28 year-old male arrested the night of January 28th was charged on other matters but investigation determined he was not involved in the home invasion.) Further investigation led to the arrest, on February 2nd, of a 23 year-old male alleged to be the third suspect in the home invasion.
Twenty-three year-old Michael Lee OMILON, DOB: 1992-08-31, of Regina is facing thirteen charges:
– Breach of Undertaking [145(3) CC];
– Use of a Firearm in the Commission of an Indictable Offence [85(1)(a) CC];
– Pointing a Firearm [87(1) CC];
– Possession of a Weapon (handgun) for the purpose of committing an offence [88 CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm [91(1) CC];
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm in a Motor Vehicle [94(1)(a)(i) CC];
– Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition [95(1)(a) CC];
– Break, Enter and Commit Robbery [348(1)(b) CC];
– Disguise with Intent [351(2) CC];
– Two charges of Assault with a Weapon [267(a) CC]; and
– Two charges of Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order [117.01(1) CC].
The accused made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 3, 2016.