On Sunday, March 6th, 2016, at approximately 10:15 p.m. police were dispatched to a robbery at a convenience store located on the 900 block of Victoria Avenue. Information received was that a male armed with a firearm robbed the store and fled with a small amount of cash.
Investigation into the matter led to a 16 year-old male, who was arrested later that evening without incident. The firearm believed to be involved in the incident was also recovered.
The accused, who cannot be named in accordance with provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, is charged with the following:
- Use of Firearm During Commission of an Indictable Offence [85(1)(A), CC]
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Weapon [91(2), CC]
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 [355(B), CC]
- Possession of a Weapon [88, CC]
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(2), CC]
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized [92(1), CC]
- Disguise with Intent [351(2), CC]
- Carry Concealed Weapon [90, CC]
- 2 X Careless Use of a Firearm, Prohibited Device, or Ammunition [86(1), CC]
- Armed Robbery [343(D), CC]
The male made his first appearance in Youth Court today, Monday, March 7th, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.