Four people: three males and one female; are facing a total of 60 charges as the result of an Emergency Services call-out on the weekend that required the use of members Patrol, Canine, Crisis Negotiators and SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics).
On March 18, 2017, as the result of investigation into criminal activity, members of the Regina Police Service obtained a CDSA search warrant for a residence in the 100 block of Dorothy Street. Due of the likelihood of firearms being present, members of Emergency Services Teams, including Special Weapons and Tactics and Crisis Negotiators, were authorized. At approximately 9:45 p.m., four people were located in the garage at that address and arrested without incident. A search of one of the males produced six small bags of a substance believed to be cocaine. The search of the buildings and property yielded the following:
- A quantity of a substance believed to be cocaine;
- A quantity of a substance believed to be methamphetamine;
- A sawed-off shotgun and three large magazines of ammunition;
- A second shotgun, registered but improperly stored;
- A rifle with a drum magazine full of ammunition;
- A second rifle, registered but improperly stored;
- Shotgun ammunition;
- Numerous items believed to be stolen, including stereo speakers and a television;
- A handgun with ammunition;
- Assorted loose ammunition;
- Assorted bladed weapons;
- A bullet proof vest;
- A number of cell phones and drug paraphernalia, including pipes, scales and baggies.
A search warrant was obtained for a second residence in the 100 block of Rink Avenue. The search was carried out at approximately 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 19, 2017. Nothing of significance was located in that search.
As the result of the investigation, to date, the four accused face a total of 60 charges. The accused are 27 year-old Joshua Lewis DANIELS, DOB: 1989-04-21 (16 charges); 34 year-old Arthur Peter VELYCHKO, DOB: 1982-03-24 (16 charges); 26 year-old Nathan Louie LEDOUX, DOB: 1990-12-30 (14 charges); and 28 year-old Jennifer Lynn BEAR, DOB: 1988-11-23 (14 charges). All four accused are from Regina; all four are jointly charged with:
- 2 x Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine and cocaine), s. 592) CDSA;
- Possession of the Proceeds of Crime under $5,000 (stereo equipment), s. 355(b) CC;
- 2 x Possession of Stolen Property (shotgun and rifle); 354(1)(a) CC;
- 3 x Careless Use of a Firearm and Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC;
- Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
- 2 x Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 91(1) CC;
- 2 x Tamper with Serial Number of Firearm, s. 108(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
In addition Arthur Peter VELYCHKO faces an additional charge of Careless Use of a Firearm and Ammunition, s. 86(1) CC and Possession of a Prohibited Device, s. 92(2) CC.
Also, Joshua Lewis DANIELS faces two charges of Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC.
All four made their first court appearances on their charges in Provincial Court this morning, Monday, March 20th, at 9:30 a.m.