Three adult males: ages 20, 21 and 25; are facing numerous charges after a robbery incident involving a firearm on Tuesday, April 4, 2017.
Police involvement in this incident began at approximately 1:32 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, with a call to the Communications Centre about the sound of a gunshot in the area of 400 block East Mullin Avenue. Patrol members, in the area on an unrelated matter, responded. Other police units arrived on scene and, through investigation, determined that suspects with a firearm had gone into a residence in the 400 block of Mullin Avenue. As police were establishing a safety perimeter and assessing the incident, an injured male came into the Regina Police Headquarters building to report he was the victim of robbery and assault with weapons in the same location. Officers called for an ambulance to attend to the victim’s injuries. Preliminary investigation indicates the victim was in a vehicle in the area of the 200 block East Broadway Avenue. Three males approached the 46 year-old male victim, who was still inside the vehicle, and demanded money. The victim was assaulted and, in the course of the assault, a firearm was discharged. The round did not strike the victim, but went through the vehicle’s windshield. The victim ran away and the suspects fled with cash, cigarettes and other items belonging to the victim.
At approximately 2:30 p.m., a number of people exited the house on Mullin Avenue and were taken into custody without incident. Subsequent investigation and a warrant search of the property led to recovery of a sawed-off .22 calibre rifle, a zip-gun (home-made firearm), an asp (baton), two knives and personal items identified as belonging to the victim. Three adult males were charged with numerous offences. The victim was treated in hospital and released.
Twenty-five year-old Jesse Derrick FINK, DOB: 1991-12-14; twenty-one year-old Dakota NETMAKER, DOB: 1996-03-28; and twenty year-old Tage Ottolane NAGY, DOB: 1996-05-21; all of Regina, are jointly charged with the following seven offences:
– Armed Robbery Using a Prohibited Firearm, S. 344(1)(a) cc;
– 3 x Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace, s. 88 CC;
– Careless Use of a Prohibited Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
– Possession of a Prohibited Firearm, Knowing it was Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC;
– Possession of Stolen Property under $5,000, s. 355(b) CC;
In addition to the joint charges listed above, Jesse Derrick FINK, DOB: 1991-12-14, is charged with:
– Possession of a Scheduled Substance (methamphetamine, s. 4(1) CDSA;
– 2 x Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
– 2 x Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1);
– 4 x Breach of Recognizance, s. 145(3) CC; and
– Possession of a Weapon for a Purpose Dangerous to Public Peace (zip gun), s. 88 CC;
In addition to the joint charges listed above, Dakota NETMAKER, DOB: 1996-03-28, is charged with Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC.
In addition to the joint charges listed above, Tage Ottolane NAGY, DOB: 1996-05-21, is charged with:
– Possession of a Firearm Knowing Possession is Unauthorized, s. 92(1) CC;
– Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1); and
– Breach of Probation, s. 733.1(1) CC.
All three accused made their first court appearances on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.