Regina Police Service members executed a search warrant overnight, resulting in the seizure of firearms, ammunition, and drugs. The search was carried out on a residence in the 1300 block of Garnet Street, just after 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9, 2017. Two adult males are facing numerous drug and weapons charges.
Regina Police Service members from plainclothes units, assisted by patrol, carried out an investigative operation on a residence in the 1300 block of Garnet Street. As part of this operation, two adult males were taken into custody as they left the residence. One male was found to have drugs believed to be methamphetamine and morphine; as well as packaging, cash and a cell phone. The other male was in possession of cash, believed to be proceeds of drug trafficking. The warrant search of the house yielded: a sawed-off shotgun; two air-soft guns; shotgun shells and pellets; bags and a digital scale; and a small amount of a substance believed to be methamphetamine.
Two adult males: 30 year-old Rodney Duane Roy DESNOMIE, DOB: 1986-12-03 and 25 year-old Joshua Jordan JOHNSTONE, DOB: 1991-06-16, both of Regina, are jointly charged with the following offences:
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (methamphetamine); s. 5(2) CDSA;
- Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking (morphine), s. 5(2) CDSA;
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm, s. 86(1) CC;
- Possession of a Prohibited Firearm, s. 95(1)(a) CC;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, s. 92(1) CC; and
- Possession of a Firearm Obtained by Crime, s. 96(1) CC.
In addition, JOHNSTONE is charged with Breach of Undertaking, s. 145(3) CC and Possession of Firearm Contrary to Prohibition, s. 117.01(1) CC.
Both accused appeared in Provincial Court on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, at 9:30 a.m.