At approximately 7:31 p.m. on Thursday, September 14, 2017, police were dispatched to a hit and run that occurred at 7th Avenue and Royal Street. Information received was that a driver struck several cars with his car, and then fled on foot with other occupants.
Police located the driver, a forty-two year-old male, on the 1300 block of Grey Street, alone. The male was apprehended and found to be impaired. The male was arrested and charged. A search of the vehicle revealed open alcohol, cocaine, break and enter tools, and knives and machetes.
Forty-two year-old Lyall Marlin ANAQUOD (DOB: 1975/08/12) is charged with:
- Driving while ability impaired [253(1)(a) CC];
- Fail or refuse to provide sample [254(3)(B) CT];
- Fail to stop at scene of accident [252(1.1) CC];
- Possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) [CDSA 4(1)];
- Possession of break-in instruments [351(1) CC]; and
- Possession of a weapon [88 CC].
ANAQUOD makes his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges today, Friday, September 15, 2017, at 2:00 p.m.