A 37 year-old Regina male is facing a total of 18 charges in connection with an assault and a series of recent residential Break and Enters. These charges are part of a larger investigation.
On February 7, 2018, just after 9:15 p.m., two Regina Police Service officers were dispatched to an apartment residence in the 2000 block of Lorne Street for a domestic dispute. When police arrived, they located an adult female who indicated she’d been physically assaulted by an adult male at the residence. During the course of the investigation, police noted numerous pieces of government-issued identification, mail, wallets and cheques in plain view in the apartment. The female was arrested for Possession of Stolen Mail, and breaches of probation and an undertaking. Police seized the items and the investigation quickly became larger. Police believe the majority of the items recovered from the Lorne Street apartment came from theft from automobiles, theft of automobiles, lost property, and at least six different Break and Enters. The first confirmed date is July 3rd, of 2017 and the accused appears to have been active up until the time of arrest February 7th, 2018. Investigators believe there may be as many as a hundred victims in over 15 apartment buildings across the city. The investigation, which is still ongoing, has so far linked the seized documents and property to the following cases:
– July 3, 2017: stolen wallet;
– August 2, 2017: purse and contents stolen from car;
– September 7, 2017: credit and debit cards stolen from vehicle;
– November 21, 2017: chequebook stolen from truck;
– December 16-17, 2017: theft of chequebook from truck;
– December 21, 2017: wallet stolen, driver’s license recovered at suspect’s residence;
– January 4, 2018: mail (government i-d) stolen from apartment building;
– January 14, 2018: wallet and contents stolen from vehicle;
– January 16, 2018: mail (passport) stolen from apartment building.
Investigators are continuing their efforts to contact the victims, return property and gather evidence to support additional charges. The suspect male in the assault was arrested on February 13, 2018 in downtown Regina.
Thirty-seven year-old Ivan Vernon LIND, of Regina, is facing 18 charges at this time:
– Assault [266 CC];
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000 [355(b) CC];
– Possession of a Forged Document with Intent [368(1)(d) CC]
– 6 x Break and Enter and Commit [348(1)(b) CC];
– 2 x Possession of Break-In Instruments [351(1) CC]; and
– 7 x Breach of Undertaking [145(3) CC].
LIND made his first court appearance on these charges in Provincial Court at 9:3 a.m. on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
The female accused will not be named by the Regina Police Service as she is the victim of an assault; however the 36 year-old was charged with Breach of Undertaking [145(3) CC]; Breach of Probation [733.1(1) CC]; and Possession of Stolen Mail [356(1)(b) CC]. The female accused made her court appearance on these charges, in Provincial Court, on February 8, 2018.