A thirty-five year-old male is facing charges related to recent break and enter incidents in Regina.
On February 26, 2018, a male attempted to cash a cheque at a cash advance lender by using a cheque reported stolen from a previous break and enter. After the employee refused the transaction, the male left.
On March 6, 2018 at approximately 12:20 pm, police received a report that a break and enter had occurred at a business on the 3400 block of 13th Avenue, sometime between March 4 and March 6, 2018.
Investigation into the break and enter led to the 35 year-old male, who was arrested and charged. The male was found to be in possession of the cheque from the February 26 incident.
Thirty-five year-old Patrick Vernon DESGAGNE, of Regina, is charged with:
- Break, enter & commit [CC 348(1)(B)];
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 [CC 355(B)];
- Possession of a forged document with intent [CC 368(1)(D)];
- 2 X Fail to comply [733.1(1)]; and
- Fail to comply [CC 145(3)].
DESGAGNE made his first appearance in Provincial Court on these charges on Wednesday, April 18, 2018.